COFFEE; TO DRINK OR NOT TO DRINK~
1) Caffeine may aggravate osteoporosis by leaching calcium from the bones.
2) Decreases quality of sleep.
3) Many of the chemicals in coffee and decaf irritate the stomach lining causing an increase of stomach acid leading to digestive disorders.
4) Coffee, including decaf, has high amounts of vitamin K, which affects coagulability of the blood – bad for people at risk of heart attack, stroke and blood clots.
1) Coffee may lower the incidence of Parkinson’s disease due to high anti-oxidant activity.
2) Caffeine increases intellectual activity when fatigued or bored.
3) Coffee may reduce the incidence of kidney stones by increasing the flow of urine and decreasing its concentration.
Do Not Drink Coffee Rules:
1) Do not drink coffee if you are pregnant or nursing.
2) Avoid coffee if you have high blood pressure, heart disease, high cholesterol, gall stones, or a tendency for blood clots or stroke.
3) Avoid coffee if you get agitated or feel hyper or quivery inside after drinking.
4) Do not drink coffee if you feel you must have a cup to wake up and get going and then need another cup later in the day to keep going. If this is your situation then begin to wean yourself off slowly and switch to tea.
**more info – CoffeeEdited